Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

3ce

3ce aka "3 concept eyes" is a Korean makeup brand of Stylenanda which is a clothing company (kinda like a Korean Zara meets a not so creepy American Apparel). I'd say if anything, currently the makeup company stands well enough on its own without any need for affiliation. However, I think one of the main features that draw in customers to the brand - besides the rave comments/reviews of what, as an outsider, I feel are "fans" - are the stylish and beautiful orchestrated campaigns that 3ce create for their makeup line - which I presume spur from the main company being fashion based.  
3ce Product Packaging (source 1, 2 & 3)
Personally, I've found their recent campaigns (end of 2017) very intriguing, with simple tones, thoughtful product placement in micro ranges, coupled with incredibly beautiful and artistic photography. Looking back at their earlier range ... the packaging has always been pretty simple which, I feel lends to the products having a stylish uncluttered feel. Even when items are cutesy and marketed so, the products don't necessarily have an overtly childish nature to them like other brands (e.g.Etude House, Tony Moly etc.). From what I could glean online, 3ce is pretty popular and with such beautiful imagery (video 1, video 2, video 3 etc.), I can see why!
Naturally then, after seeing a few swatches and tuning into a few reviews, it didn't take me long to hone in on a few lipstick shades and ranges that I was interested in - Velvet Lips - Ruby Tuesday, Smoked Rose, Step and Go, Going Right, Daffodil and Taupe. However, I managed to restrain myself and ended up getting just one lipstick and a mirror.
Promo Pics 3ce Beige Hand Mirror Autumn/Winter 2017 (source)
Order Process: I ordered the 3ce products featured here from Yesstyle. It took the maximum time to be added to my order (21-25 days) and in usual fashion sold out quite quickly (remember 3ce has fans). The mirror came in a matching box with a protective slip and film protecting it. Overall order process was alright, though (at the time) I had to wait incredibly long - I've just checked the website and now the products ship in 24hrs so that's pretty neat. 

Time to review ...

Mirror 

What can I say? It's a mirror ... Well, alright it's not just any mirror, its a pretty big, very sharp image pinky beige mirror. I know it might be a bit lame but, I can be a bit particular about the mirrors I buy (Muji being my fav + Primark being my go-to) and honestly handheld ones were really not on my radar until I started watching Korean beauty videos and saw my friend/colleague at work with the most beautiful ornate pocket handheld mirror (that had a hefty price tag to boot). Ever since then, I was intrigued about the fairytale-like mystique that a handheld mirror could bring to my mirrored-life and this mirror pretty much has fulfilled that need (along with the 2 other handheld mirrors I bought - but, that's for another time). It's pretty, it's sturdy and the mirror quality is great (not blurry/wonky).  

Lipstick

Packaging: Very simple and pretty. The plastic doesn't feel flimsy and the texture feels smooth with an almost rubberised feel. The lipstick doesn't "click/snap" together but rather silently melts into each other creating a uniform appearance, where you cannot see any distinctive lines as if it was just nothing more than a rectangular pretty block. Even though the packaging looks very similar to Bbia lipsticks (another Korean brand) I still think the packaging is pretty artful and well made, as it has more weight giving it a more luxurious feel.
3ce #222 Step & Go Lipstick
Pigmentation: Great colour pay off. It's pretty easy to get full strength colour without double swiping. 

Texture/Consistency: Smooth but not the smoothest. It can pill aka have a flaky application when first applied. Definitely not the smoothest Korean lipstick formula I've tried. If your lips are dry and flaky you'd do well to exfoliate first and use a balm - then rub off the excess (if you want a matte look) before applying this product. 
3ce swatches and mine (3ce lipstick swatches source).
Colour: Described as "a nonchalant blend of nice and simple red - Cosmopolitan yet cosy and warm this red-blonde shade puts an effortlessly romantic touch to any moment". Hmm, since I have dark skin I was very aware that the colour might not translate on me like the moody berry red-pink on the swatches but, even I was taken aback with just how orange based it looked on me - meh. Moving on from the orange based red surprise - I  do think this a nice shade that can work on various skin tones as it can look quite moody or vibrant depending on your skin tone and lighting. Hence, I took it upon myself to experiment with it (see pics below)
From L-R: 1. Blotted a full application of the lipstick to create a more matte effect - 2. Applied the lipstick on the inner part of my mouth and blended out for Korean gradient lips - 3. Applied gloss (Sally Hansen clear lip plumper) on the outer edge of my lips for a glossy Korean gradient look - 4. Took a picture of '#222 Step And Go' with warm artificial light with NYX Urban Cafe lip liner on the perimeter (lip lines). 
I think the glossy gradient look stands out the most for me as I was able to create a soft look. Interesting to see how different the lipstick looks in warm artificial light though ... 
Comfort: Once applied to the lips it's pretty comfy. I haven't tried a full day with it but, this lipstick does work nicely with balms so if you're concerned about dryness - adding a little balm on top or underneath will work nicely. 

Scent: Has no scent. 

Price: £14.74/$20.00 (ouch!). Considering that Bbia lipsticks are very pigmented much cheaper, smoother and come with a similarly styled packaging I think 3ce is pretty pricey for what it is. This is certainly a brand where marketing/advertisement has built up a certain hyped concept/style that consumers possibly buy into. So be aware that the cost is reflective of much more than the formula (remember the nice packaging)

Longevity: Needs more testing ...

Ingredients: Silica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Microcrystalline Wax, Diisostearyl Malate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Alumina, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Triethylhexanoin, Paraffin, Diglyceryl Sebacate/Isopalmitate, Octyldodecanol, Dicalcium Phosphate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Sorbitan Isostearate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Diamond powder, Amethyst Powder, Pearl Powder, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Cera Microcristallina (EU), Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Water, Butylene Glycol, Tourmaline, Methylparaben, Red 7 (CI 15850:1), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499)

Summed Up Thoughts: I like it but, comparing it to other Korean lip products (in terms of formula + price) it's just ok. I was surprised (mainly by the colour) but, not blown away. Yet, have no fear! 3ce products haven't seen the back of me, as I'm sure to be beguiled enough to try out another shade or product even if it's just one. For now, though, I'm just going to appreciate what I have as the more I use it, the more I appreciate it for what it is rather what it's not :)


Have you tried any 3ce products?
What are your thoughts on the brand?
Have you tried any Korean Makeup/Skincare?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar