Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My New Contouring Companion | Illamasqua's Blush Up Brush

Illamasqua 'Blush Up' Brush | £28.50 | Link | Link

Fellow bloggers and beauty fanatics, let me introduce to you my new partner in crime and latest addition to my make-up brush collection - Illamasqua's 'Blush Up' Brush. After months and months of lusting after the Nars Ita 'Kabuki' Brush (google it - it's a beauty!) and not being able to find it anywhere (honestly...it's like gold dust), I took it upon myself to look for a similar alternative. Brushes like this are quite hard to come across - most contour brushes on the market seem to take on that classic 'dome' tapered sort of shape - but I wanted something a little different from the norm.  Illamasqua's offering seemed like the most similar alternative I could find, and after reading a few reviews about it I decided I'd give it a whirl. 

'Challenging conventional blusher application, Illamasqua's all-new Blush Up Brush has an innovative, ellipse shaped head, designed to tuck directly under the cheekbone. Creating a soft diffusion of colour up onto the cheekbone, combine the Blush Up Brush with your favourite Powder Blusher Duo shades for a look that defines, elongates and slims the face in one simple movement' - (Illamasqua Website)

Now, I've made no secret of the fact I'm a complete contouring obsessive on this blog- so after reading the above information I'm sure it's fairly obvious why I needed this little beauty sitting in my brush pot! The brush is made for sculpting and defining the cheekbones and it fits perfectly along the contour line, making application of powder products a complete doddle. I often find that dome shaped/tapered contour brushes aren't precise enough for me so the shape of this one means that it's easy to get that much desired blended 'line'. The bristles are soft, but quite dense - meaning that the brush isn't overly flexible.  Personally, I find this works in its favour as it makes application more precise without skimping on blending capabilities. A simple sweeping motion in an upwards direction and my contour colour looks perfectly blended and it's so easy to get that much desired airbrush finish. It works amazingly well at sculpting the face and it has completely changed my contouring routine - I think it provides a much more professional finish and is the perfect brush to use when you want that strong 'Kim K' typed contour.

At £28, this baby ain't cheap! But if you're a fan of contouring and want to experiment with a more unique type of brush, it's really worth considering. I'm not usually one to spend a fortune on my brushes but I make an exception with more unique styles like this - it's one I knew I'd get a lot of use out of.  It comes packaged in its own little pouch and the sleek black handle and elegant finish really pull this brush together. I've been using it with some of my Illamasqua powder blushes too and together they really are a complete dream team! Just a few sweeping motions and your blush looks perfectly applied. Needless to say, you do need to be careful not to apply to much powder to the brush - you need to work up the colour rather than going 'full on' with it due to the nature of the bristles and the flat head, but once you've got that knack - you're sorted. Overall - I'm so glad I bought this. If you're a fellow contouring fan and want to try something new then it's really worth a look - it makes it so, so easy to achieve that defined look and I always seem to think my cheekbones look much more sculpted and strong when I've used this compared with the softer finish of a tapered contour brush. Of course, it depends on the look you're going for but it's nice to have that choice between a softer contour and a more defined one.  I bought my brush via ASOS (and grabbed a cheeky bit of student discount to lessen the blow) but it's quite widely available at the moment so if you're interested in snapping one up - it's worth having a little browse about.

Have you tried Illamasqua's Blush Up Brush? Whats your favourite contouring brush at the minute?


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar