Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Rimmel Lipstick Lock Review

One of the biggest problems I have with makeup is getting my lipstick to stay on especially after eating, drinking or a lot of talking. I saw the Rimmel Lipstick Lock on the Superdrug website for £4.99 and I picked it up when I was in store.
The packaging of this reminds me of a nail polish bottle. It is a clear container with red writing printed over and you can see the brush inside. At first look, the product looks like a very watery consistency and there is 8ml of product. This acts like a nail polish top coat sealing a nail polish colour but it seals lipstick instead. On the back of the bottle it claims to 'seal and fix lipstick' and directs you to 'brush over blotted lipstick' and to 'keep lips apart until dry'.
 
This has a very strong scent which is actually a little bit off-putting considering you are brushing this over your lips and the scent reminds my of a strong nail polish or nail polish remover. I swatched this on the back of my hand and it looked very watery and dried in under one minute with what looks to be a semi-matte finish.
 
On my lips I have MUA Red Lip Liner with MAC Russian Red and I blotted the excess off like it instructed. I brushed the lipstick lock over and the brush was so thin it only covered a small area at the time, but at the same time the precise brush was good for getting smaller areas like the outer corners and cupids bow. I applied it fairly quickly but I felt it slightly stinging my lips and it was so uncomfortable waiting with my lips apart until it had dried which took around one minute and the scent slowly disappeared in that time so it was much more comfortable to wear after that. My lips felt so dry after so I just quickly licked them and this didn't disturb my lipstick. Once it had dried there was no transfer and looks semi-matte on the lipstick. 
 I am going to leave this on for as long as I can and as I am writing this, the time is 4pm so I will show you the results over a few hours and give you my overall impression at the end.
After one hour, there is hardy any difference in the lipstick and there is no transfer on the back of my hand. They still feel very dry which is quite uncomfortable so I keep licking them and this doesn't seem to affect the lipstick at all.
 
I wanted to see if it could withstand eating a meal and I had Chinese food which is a bit on the oily side and I've been drinking out of a tin as well and afterwards my lipstick had pretty much stayed put and didn't smudge or fade off.
 
By the end of the night, the colour had faded a bit and it started to rub off in the corners of my mouth and on the inside edge of my lip but most of the colour was still there.
 
Overall, apart from the scent and the stinging sensation when applying it, and how dry my lips were, I actually like this product. I think it definitely does do what it claims to do and keeps the lipstick in place for a good few hours, probably around eight hours, even through eating and drinking. I feel this would be better for using with brighter or darker lipstick shades so it prevents them from fading or going blotchy over time, especially after eating or drinking.
 
What are your thoughts on this product?
 
SparkleEyes x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar